Asphalt Paving Superintendent – Panama City, FL
C.W. Roberts Contracting, Inc. (CWR) is a growing road construction company. We are seeing an experienced Asphalt Paving Superintendent for our Panama City operations. This is a management position requiring the supervision and coordination of activities of the Asphalt Paving Foremen and crew members engaged in spreading, rolling, tamping, and patching asphalt or similar material to form surfaces of highways, streets, parking lots, aircraft landing strips, and driveways.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job.
- Train Asphalt Foremen and new crew members.
- Calculate the number of trucks required to haul asphalt from the hot plant according to vehicle capacity, traffic conditions, distance from work site, and productivity of drivers.
- Tour job sites to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules, to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment, measure slope and material thickness to verify compliance with contracts, and to supervise the job.
- Supervise and coordinate crew activities, studying production schedules, and estimating work requirements for completion of job assignment in compliance with or beating the job estimate.
- Maintain time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing, prepare progress reports material used, cost and adjusts work schedule accordingly.
- Ensure all projects are completed in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with company policy, and in compliance with federal, state and local governing laws, ordinances and policies.
- Recommend measures to improve productions methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance.
- Will directly supervise multiple crews.
- 3 to 5 years of related asphalt and paving experience or an equivalent combination of education and training required
- Asphalt Paving 1 & 2 required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals to compute rate, ratio, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to type and use keyboards accurately and possess knowledge of Database software
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently
- Ability to keep time and material records
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction and communicate effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes
- Must be able to meet company MVR requirements and have a valid Florida driver’s license
- Employer conducts drug screening and background check
- Click the “Apply Now” button below to complete an application online
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or apply in person or by mail to: C.W. Roberts Contracting, Inc. 4116 Highway 231 N Panama City FL 32404
We offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/AA, DFWP, We Honor Those Who Have Served.