CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER / ESTIMATOR (Entry-Level)
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Review tender documents, plans and specifications
- Perform detailed quantity take-offs using AGTEK and Bluebeam
- Solicit and receive quotes from suppliers and subcontractors
- Attend site visits and field measurements as required for preparing quotations
- Responsible for Contact Management (CRM) database entry and maintenance
- Review all plans and specifications, permits, set of drawings, and owner requirements with Estimator
- Prepare bid proposal
- Prepare drawing list (put documents in appropriate files)
- Process and distribute all R.F.I.s for estimating and job addendums
- Respond to all subcontractor inquiries in relation to bids
- Prepare subcontractor comparison sheets for evaluation
- Prepare estimate turnovers for project managers
- Assist estimator in generating scope of work for all trades
- Prepare Owner / PM bid books
- Prepare post‐bid buyouts
- Prepare call list and follow up for coverage
- Develop and maintain positive client/subcontractor relationships
- Estimate projects using HCSS Heavy Bid software
- Assist field management with cost controls and change orders
- 4 year degree in Civil Engineering or Building Construction, or pursuing degree
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Candidate must successfully complete background check and drug screening
- Florida driver’s license required as estimators frequently travel to and from the office
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
EOE/AA, DFWP, We Honor Those Who Have Served.
Position open until filled.