C.W. Roberts Contracting, Inc. (CWR) is a growing road construction company. Our company is seeking an experienced Office Manager, who would report directly to the Area Manager. This position will be housed at our Palm City office, but the Office Manager will commute to our Okeechobee office 1-2 times per week. Mileage reimbursement will be provided.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Assist the Area Manager by providing administrative support
- Must report regularly to the Area Manager on progress and/or problems; seeking assistance and counsel as required
- Must uphold a high level of confidentiality
- Responsible for working closely with the Recruitment Manager to coordinate recruitment; to include communicating information for job ads, screening applications, and working with hiring manager to schedule interviews
- Coordinates new hire onboarding and orientation
- Coordinates performance evaluation process for employees of division
- Responsible for data entry of status changes; to include change of address, job classification, pay rates, transfers, and terminations
- Reviews Heavy Job / Utilities to ensure all hours worked have been posted for weekly payroll
- Reviews certified payroll rates
- Enter labor and equipment hours to proper cost codes on daily time sheets for shop, trucking and field mechanics and forward for supervisor approval
- Coordinates expense reports monthly to ensure receipts are submitted and coded accurately
- Scan invoices, cost coding and data input for invoices and payables on construction jobs, shop and outside haulers
- Assist with correspondence, travel arrangements, records, files, appointments and invoices to accomplish efficient and quality communications
- Must be efficient in organization of office paperwork, preparation of office forms for office personnel, and timely maintenance of various tracking records
- Maintain company hauling agreements, certificates of insurance and other documentation for outside haulers including processing of daily/weekly haul tickets and payables.
- Responsible for checking inventory of office supplies and ordering as needed, assuring costs are appropriately managed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Job Requirements
- Associates Degree preferred, High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2-4 years administrative experience required, HR – Payroll experience a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Detailed accuracy in checking, posting, and counting is required
- Must be able to use calculators, computers, machines (copier, fax, etc.) and other typical office equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be able to meet company MVR requirements and have a valid Florida drivers’ license
- Employer conducts drug screening and background check
To apply: Please send resume to email@example.com .
We offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
EOE/AA, DFWP, We Honor Those Who Have Served.
Position open until filled.