C.W. Roberts Contracting, Inc. has been in the construction business since January, 1976. The corporate office is located in Tallahassee with operation centers located in Hosford, Freeport, Okeechobee, Palm City, Panama City, Plant City and Wildwood.
Our company is in search of an experienced HR Generalist. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who is a self-starter, articulate, highly organized, and able to self-manage projects. The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for a variety of day to day Human Resources functions including administrative tasks related to benefits, new hire onboarding, support of direct employee related matters, managing employee leave, invoicing, and compliance. This position is based at the corporate office and reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Qualifications: 3+ years of Human Resources work experience. Proven capability of relating to individuals at all levels of the company.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support for the day-to-day operations of the human resource department
- Supports the HR department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience
- Performs a wide range of duties relative to the maintenance and processing of personnel records
- Assists management with performance concerns, corrective action and conflict management
- Processes time sensitive reemployment claims efficiently
- Conducts employment verifications
- Coordinates exit interviews, summarizes findings, trends and concerns
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations
- Assists with the implementation of current and new policies and procedures
- Administers new employee on-boarding and orientation
Responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs:
- Determines benefit eligibility and coordinates distribution of benefit enrollment materials
- Enrolls employees with carriers and processes life status changes
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes
- Assists with the open enrollment process
- Performs quality checks of benefit enrollments
- Reconciles monthly billing statements against payroll deductions
- Administers COBRA
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefit laws and regulations
Education and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human resource management or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- PHR or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Benefit experience required
To apply: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
EOE/AA, DFWP, We Honor Those Who Have Served.
Position open until filled.